[ Lees dit in het Nederlands ]
Nico the Mage took his family, his heritage, his freedom. Now, captured and caged, Markus’ very life hangs in the balance. To kill time, he tells his life’s story to Barno, a passing Automaton horse. .
- First published in the Writers of the Future Anthology (published finalist), Vol.XX (August 20th, 2004)
- Reprinted in Spanish translation in Axxon as Conversación con un caballo mecánico (August 8th, 2015)
- Writers of the Future Anthology available from Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Bol.com)
- Available as standalone e-book (Kindle mobi and epub) from the webstore.
- Also available for Kindle on Amazon.com and all regional Amazon stores.
- published finalist in the Writers of the Future contest in 2003
- recommended for the ballot for the Nebula Award in 2003
Publisher’s Weekly reviewed Writers of the Future Anthology, Vol.XX:
“The human element remains at all times paramount in the 15 SF stories gathered in the 20th edition of L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future series, at this point the most enduring forum to showcase new talent in the genre. […] The series continues to be a powerful statement of faith as well as direction in American science fiction.”